TAMACC to Celebrate Outstanding Latina Leaders at the Annual Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon
BUDA, TX — May 31, 2023 — (NOTICIAS NEWSWIRE) — The Texas Association of Mexican American Chambers of Commerce (TAMACC) is proud to announce the upcoming ninth annual Women of Distinction awards luncheon. This prestigious event will take place on Friday, June 16, 2023, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM, at the Austin Southpark Hotel …
BUDA, TX — May 31, 2023 — (NOTICIAS NEWSWIRE) — The Texas Association of Mexican American Chambers of Commerce (TAMACC) is proud to announce the upcoming ninth annual Women of Distinction awards luncheon. This prestigious event will take place on Friday, June 16, 2023, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM, at the Austin Southpark Hotel located at 4140 Governor’s Row, Austin, Texas.
The Women of Distinction Awards luncheon is a platform created by TAMACC to honor the remarkable contributions of Hispanic women to the economic, political, and social fabric of our communities and the state. This annual event recognizes and honors outstanding women who have demonstrated exceptional achievements and leadership. These deserving recipients are from various regions across Texas and represent diverse backgrounds and disciplines.
A dedicated Selection Committee, consisting of Latina peers and previous Women of Distinction recipients, meticulously reviews the numerous applications each year. After extensive and careful consideration, thirteen remarkable women were chosen to be honored at the Women of Distinction event for their outstanding accomplishments and positive impact on their communities.
The 2023 Women of Distinction are:
• Dr. Ashley Bose, Medical Director, Ashley Pediatrics and Industrial Health Works, Edinburg
• Evelyn Cano, President & Co-Founder, Disability Chamber of Commerce RGV; Co-Owner, Grande Produce, Pharr
• Laura Lopez Cano, Visual Artist, Laura Lopez Cano Art Studio, El Lago
• Dr. Michelle Cohen, Hays County Commissioner Precinct 2, Kyle
• Deborah L. Cordova, Founding Member/Manager, Walsh McGurk Cordova Nixon, PLLC, McAllen
• Marie Salazar Garcia, Business Development Representative, SAMES, Inc., Edinburg
• Luz Lopez-Guerrero, Director of Growth & Broker Relations, WellMed Medical Management, Austin
• Dr. Alicia Mercado-Castro, Retired Educator, Pflugerville
• Dr. Luisa Montoya, Chief Executive Officer, Diversity Matters, Kingwood
• Dr. Rosamaria Murillo, Chief Executive Officer, El Buen Samaritano, Austin
• Venus V. Pineyro De Hoyos, Founder & CEO, The Inclusion Plus Institute & Vector U, Austin
• Yvette Reyna, Executive Director, Boerne Education Foundation and Boerne Independent School District Community Partnerships, San Antonio
• Angelica Rosales, Project Director, Sundt Construction, El Paso
“We are honored to celebrate the achievements and contributions of these exceptional women at our ninth annual Women of Distinction awards luncheon,” stated Samuel Guzman, TAMACC Chairman. “TAMACC, a 48-year-old organization, has achieved many significant milestones, of which this event and award are testaments. This year’s, past, and future recipients serve as an inspiration to us all.”
Pauline E. Anton, TAMACC President and CEO, expressed her enthusiasm for recognizing and celebrating the exceptional successes of women year after year. “We are honored to induct these distinguished women into TAMACC’s Women of Distinction. Their remarkable stories of resilience and achievement will undoubtedly motivate and empower us all to reach greater heights,” Anton stated. “These women are true role models, and we are excited to hear their inspiring narratives.”
To find additional information about the event, secure event tickets, or explore sponsorship opportunities, please visit the TAMACC website at www.TAMACC.org or contact us at (512) 444-5727.